- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen okra, thawed
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix (suggested: Jiffy)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato plants and eco-friendly chiles (suggested: Ro'tel)
- two tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- two tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Inside a large bowl combine buttermilk and okra and let take a few minutes
Inside a large surefire skillet, heat peanut oil over high temperature to 375 levels F.
Inside a large bowl add some corn muffin mix. Utilizing a slotted spoon take away the okra in the buttermilk and put it in to the bowl using the corn muffin mix. Lightly toss ensuring all okra is well coated.
Carefully add half the breaded okra to skillet and fry for around 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Make use of a slotted spoon to get rid of okra towards the paper towel lined plate. Fry remaining okra.
While okra is frying, inside a large saucepan. combine diced tomato plants and chiles, tomato paste and Creole seasoning. Heat through over medium heat. Stir in heavy cream. season with pepper and salt and produce to some simmer. Remove to plate and top with fried okra. Serve immediately.
Recipe thanks to Sandra Lee