I acquired this from a manuscript coupon inserts. This is actually the perfect dessert for any warm evening whenever you simply want something light. The toughest part was cutting the angel food cake! This really is quite simple to organize but looks and tastes great! I think you'll enjoy! Note: Cooking is refrigeration time.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavouring pudding and cake filling (I made use of Jello-o brand, use fat-free, sugar-free if preferred)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping (I made use of Awesome Whip brand, use light if preferred)
- 1 (10 ounce) packageprepared round angel food cake (I purchased a prepared one at Wal-Mart which was 15 oz also it labored out fine)
- 10 small bananas. for garnish (optional)
- Mix dry pudding mix and pineapple with juice in medium bowl.
- Lightly stir in whipped topping.
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Place bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate.
- Spread 1 1/3 glasses of pudding mixture onto cake layer.
- Cover with middle cake layer.
- Spread 1 cup from the pudding mixture onto middle cake layer.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Spread with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate a minimum of one hour or until prepared to serve.
- Garnish with bananas (optional).
- Store in refrigerator.
I've chose to make this identical recipe from the recipe card which was in the supermarket. This time around, rather of layering the angel food cake, I chose to make this dessert inside a trifle bowl to consider to get results for mothering sunday party. I cut the angel food cake into bite size squares after which layered all things in three layers within the trifle bowl. It had been super easy to hand out and everybody loved the lightness of the dessert.
A great dessert- low cal and refreshing and that i make it many occasions. To prevent the sliding that another reviewers have pointed out, I do not cut the wedding cake in layers. I leave the topping inside a bowl and merely spoon it around the sliced cake when i serve it, garnished having a strawberry. By doing this, leftovers should you ever have, do not get saturated.
Like another person stated, this recipe did not work, It never looking for me. Could it have been since i used a 6 serving vanilla pudding mix rather of four. Which was the only real factor Used to do differently.