- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1-1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup rum, optional
- Put the cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom on the double thickness of cheesecloth mention corners of fabric and tie with string to create a bag.
- Inside a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, pineapple juice, apricot nectar and orange juice. Add spice bag. Provide a boil. Reduce heat simmer, uncovered, for 15-twenty minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Stir in rum if preferred. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings (a couple of-1/2 quarts).
Initially printed as Pineapple Cider Wassail in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cook book Annual 2010, p9
3/4 cup: 95 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fats), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 24g carb (20g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein.