- 5 pounds McIntosh or Macoun apples
- Grated zest of just one orange
- Grated zest of just one lemon
- two tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- two tablespoons freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For that topping:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter, diced
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Butter a 9 by 14 by 2-inch oblong baking dish .
Peel, core, and cut the apples into large wedges. Combine the apples using the zests, juices, sugar, and spices. Pour in to the dish.
To help make the topping, combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and cold butter within the bowl of the electric mixer fitted using the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed before the mixture is crumbly and also the butter is how big peas. Scatter evenly within the apples.
Put the crisp on the sheet pan and bake for one hour before the top is brown and also the apples are bubbly. Serve warm.
2002, Barefoot Contessa Parties. All Legal rights Reserved