Only 7 simple ingredients during these soft soft flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
Today’s publish is due a little late within the day. Total lazy Sunday. I’m located on the couch still full after yesterday’s crab cake dinner, just a little lethargic after yesterday’s walk around Annapolis, and my stomach hurts from laughing so difficult.
Great ab workout in my opinion.
(If you reside in the Columbia area, take a look at Stanford Grill for supper. Incredible crab cakes, nightly jazz band, all fresh and native ingredients, great beer and wine selection. It’s undoubtedly my personal favorite restaurant in the region.)
A few my female friends visited earlier this weekend so when we weren’t laughing hysterically, i was eating chocolate and guacamole and jelly beans and pizza and fries. True story. So today’s cookie recipe is around the healthier side. The easy way begin a new week.
Should you follow me on Instagram, you might remember my troubles having a gluten-free cookie recipe a few days ago. You’ve been requesting more gluten-free recipes, and so i’m trying my hands at experimentation. Sure, they might look incredible within the picture but my god. Individuals flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies sampled like card board. Crispy, soft, cakey, and dry all simultaneously. I’ll spare you anymore detail.
Determined, I attempted my hands their way again. Batches # 2 and three were completely flavorless. The feel was place on, though. Small steps! &"Practicing to achieve perfection&" I stored telling myself. These were soft and soft precisely how I really like my oatmeal cookies. However their taste was seriously missing not at all something I’d ever want to see others. We spread each having a smear of peanut butter and ate them anyway.
The (scrumptious) a few things i do with regard to recipe testing.
4th time’s a charm! Actually, the fourth batch am delightfully charming which i built them into two times in three days. Each batch disappeared. Taste testers was clueless that these sneaky little peanut butter cookies didn't have butter, no flour, and reduced sugar. Both thought today’s flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies sampled like my full-fat, sugary peanut butter cup oatmeal cookies. It had been music to my ears.
Pointless to state, I’m quite excited to talk about these cookies along with you today. They’re &"bangin&" as my one friend described them. Hey Sal, you have any longer of individuals bangin’ peanut butter cookies?
Make use of your favorite peanut butter whether that’s homemade or store-bought. Try to steer clear of anything too oily. I love to use my homemade honey roasted peanut butter within this recipe and highly recommend you need to do too to find the best flavor. Peanut butter replaces regular butter within this cookie recipe.
While you don't need a mixer for today’s flourless cookie recipe you will have to chill the cookie dough for half an hour. Sufficient time to cleanup and preheat the oven. Then, scoop, bake, eat, fall in flourless-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookie-love.
I’m so corny. Are you currently even still studying? Let’s, uh, arrive at the recipe.
Soft edges, soft centers, cinnamon-spiced and filled with peanut butter flavor. No butter, no flour, no oil, but&... still taste dreamy. Having a recipe repertoire of countless cookies, it truly states something after i result in the same cookie recipe two times by 50 percent days. Like my pal stated, they’re bangin’…. however it totally sounds cooler as he states it.
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Only 7 simple ingredients during these soft & soft flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Chocolates chips, peanut butter, cinnamon, and never anything else within this gluten-free cookie recipe.
- 2/3 cup (58g) old-fashioned folded oatmeal 1
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (250g) peanut butter at 70 degrees or cold 2
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) packed light brown sugar 3
- 1/2 cup (90g) semi-sweet or chocolates chips
- Inside a medium bowl, chuck the ball oatmeal, cinnamon, and sodium bicarbonate together. Put aside. Inside a medium bowl, beat the egg. Add the peanut butter and brown sugar having a large rubber spatula until combined. Pour within the dry ingredients and gradually mix until things are combined. Depending how thick and/or cold your peanut butter is, you will need to apply certain arm muscles. Fold within the choc chips.
- Chill the cookie dough for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Scoop the dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake two batches - 7 cookies on every baking sheet. Lightly press lower around the dough mounds with the rear of a spoon to slightly flatten as pictured within this recipe. If you discover the cookie dough balls are oily-searching out of your peanut butter, blot each having a paper towel.
- Bake for 9-ten minutes. The cookies will appear very soft and underbaked, but that is ok. For crispier cookies, bake for approximately 11-12 minutes. Sometimes I press a few more choc chips in to the tops of every cookie soon after appearing out of the oven. This really is optional and just for looks!
- Permit the cookies to awesome for ten minutes around the baking sheet before transferring to some wire rack to awesome completely. Cookies stay fresh stored covered at 70 degrees for approximately seven days, when they last that lengthy!
- Make ahead tip: For extended storage, freeze the cookies for approximately 3 several weeks then thaw overnight within the refrigerator.
Gluten intolerant readers: make certain your oatmeal are certified gluten-free.
- I typically use 3/4 cup of oatmeal during these cookies, however 2/3 cup helps make the cookie dough just a little simpler to deal with and also the baked cookies less crumbly. Make certain you utilize old-fashioned oatmeal, slow oatmeal.
- Concerning the peanut butter: you should use homemade, natural, or commercial peanut butter, nevertheless the type you utilize will alter their texture slightly. I discovered the very best texture was with 1 cup of my homemade honey roasted peanut butter or 1 cup Skippy Natural Peanut Butter. If using my homemade peanut butter, make certain it's at 70 degrees or cold. Freshly processed, the correct answer is warm and you don't want to make use of warm peanut butter within the cookie dough. I've found natural and oily peanut butters have a tendency to dry up these cookies, so remember that.
- Concerning the sugar: you should use white-colored sugar rather, but bear in mind you'll lose the mild molasses flavor from brown sugar. When the peanut butter you use isn't sweet as well as on the salty side, increase brown sugar to at least oneOr2 cup.
Sally’s Baking Addiction . All images & content are protected. Don't use my images without prior permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your words, or link to this publish for that recipe.
Two more flourless cookie recipes: Breakfast Cookies
Vicky Waters &- published This summer 9, 2015 at 8:46 pm
Oh wow, they are beyond wonderful! I truly had doubts after i was which makes them, but wow again! I added two additional tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons baking Splenda and overlooked the cinnamon and choc chips. Used to do make use of the 3/4 cup of oatmeal and used regular old commercial PB. These is going to be my go-to peanut butter cookies in the future. Many thanks!
Kimberly McGowan &- published This summer 28, 2015 at 2:43 pm
I made use of the organic PB from Trader Joe’s too I simply smashed the &"dough&" along with my hands to create the balls and they're great they're delicate after baking however i would hardly refer to this as a fail because the other readers did. My loved ones loved them! There’s a lot variation between peanut butters, I bet that’s why people are getting variations in consistency. I would try adding the additional egg the next time will certainly make again. Thanks!!
Meghan &- published August 11, 2015 at 12:50 am
These cookies switched out amazing! I'm able to’t wait to test much more of your recipes!
Kim &- published Feb 14, 2016 at 3:37 pm
Appreciate this recipie. I loved them. I really like peanut butter cookies but haven't built them into in a long time since the recipies demand jiffy type and that i only like natural peanut butter i.e. Roasted peanuts only. I even drain the oil off the top of the my peanut butter and employ it to cook. I eat cooked oatmeal and peanut butter nearly every day for any snack. It is a discomfort to organize it to consider to operate.
And So I today used my plain peanut butter, however i added a bit of the drained peanut oil in. I ground about 1/three of the oatmeal within my pestle since i was afraid they'd be too crumbly. These were awesome! I understand they'll be freezable and nearly as perfect from the freezer. I will tell myself how healthy they're (-: and also have them for snack at the office. Many thanks.
Sammy Squire &- published Feb 29, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Super scrumptious. When they’re to dry for you personally try adding two tablespoons of butter or margerine too. Also attempted all of them with mms rather of chocolates chips &.... Best decision I’ve available&... Like ever