By Kevin D. Days. Cooking for 2 and Romantic Meals Expert
My mother first made Mayonnaise Grilled Salmon after i was kid. Distributing mayo on fish before grilling it might appear odd, but mayo is mainly oil flavored with fresh lemon juice, salt, and often mustard and herbs - exactly the type of ingredients you may ordinarily coat fish with before grilling it. And actually I highly recommend using dilled mayonnaise when creating this. I favor grilling it over charcoal, however it's mightly good even though you make use of a grill pan around the stove. (Bigger image .) Serves 2.
Increase grocery list
1. Carefully run your finger up the middle of the filet (from the grain) and if you discover any pin bones pull them by helping cover their a little set of needle-nosed pliers.
2. Gently spread mayo on sides from the filets. Put aside.
3. Heat the grill (or grill pan) to medium heat for charcoal and medium-high temperature if utilizing a grill pan.
4. Put the filets, flesh-side lower, around the grill in a diagonal position and grill for several 1/2 minutes.
Continue Studying Below
5. Utilizing a very thin, wide spatula, rotate each filet 1/2 turn (flesh-side lower) and prepare another 3 1/2 minutes. This produces that lovely crosshatch pattern.
6. Turn filets over (skin-side lower) and prepare another three to four minutes for the way thick the filets are.
7. Serve having a dollop of mayonnaise along with a sprig of dill.