- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian pine nuts
- 4 teaspoons chopped capers
- 2 Picholine olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice
- Four 6-ounce opah steaks (or swordfish steaks), cut 1 " thick
Steps to make this recipe
- Inside a saucepan, melt the butter in 1 tablespoon of essential olive oil. Prepare over moderate heat before the butter browns slightly and smells nutty, 2 minutes. Add some anchovy, crushed red pepper, pine nuts, capers, olives and fresh lemon juice and prepare for one minute. Season with salt and take away in the heat.
- Rub the opah with oil and season with salt. Grill over high temperature until just cooked through, 1 1/2 minutes per side. Slice each steak into 4 pieces. Spoon the topping within the fish and serve.
Opah can be obtained at niche fish markets or at honolulufish.com .