- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- Extra-virgin essential olive oil
- Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from one to two lemons)
- two tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon white-colored wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin essential olive oil
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Rinse and pat dry the lettuce. Cut the two heads in two lengthwise. Brush surface with essential olive oil and grill about four to five minutes total, turning from time to time. Place each wedge on the salad plate and drizzle with Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette or perhaps your favorite Caesar dressing. Having a vegetable peeler. shave some pieces from the wedge of Reggiano-Parmigiano over each salad and serve.
Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette:
Place all ingredients inside a pint jar having a lid. Retain the lid, now shake to combine. Store, covered, within the refrigerator for approximately per week.
Professional Recipe. This recipe was supplied by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and constitutes a great quantity. The Meals Network Kitchens chefs haven't tested this recipe within the proportions indicated and for that reason cannot make any representation regarding the results.
Recipe thanks to Karen Adler and Judith Fertig, adapted from BBQ Queens Big Book of Barbecue, printed by Harvard Common Press, 2005