- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, gently packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Butter an 8 by 12-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
Chuck the ball oatmeal, almonds, and coconut together on the sheet pan and bake for ten to twelve minutes, stirring from time to time, until gently browned. Transfer the mix to some large mixing bowl and stir within the wheat germ.
Lessen the oven temperature to 300 levels F.
Put the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a tiny saucepan and produce to some boil over medium heat. Prepare and stir for any minute, then pour within the toasted oatmeal mixture. Add some dates, apricots, and cranberries and stir well.
Pour the mix in to the prepared pan. Wet your fingers and gently press the mix evenly in to the pan. Bake for twenty five to half an hour, until light golden brown. Awesome not less than two to three hrs before cutting into squares. Serve at 70 degrees.
2008, Barefoot Contessa To Basics, All Legal rights Reserved