- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup essential olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 (six to eight-ounce) ocean trout fillets, with skin
- Lemon wedges, as accompaniment
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/two tablespoons paprika
- two tablespoons salt
- two tablespoons garlic clove powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat broiler, or grill.
Inside a medium mixing bowl combine fresh lemon juice. Essence, garlic clove, parsley, chives and oregano. Gradually whisk in essential olive oil. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
Arrange fillets skin sides lower within an oiled shallow baking dish. Brush fish with vinaigrette.
Broil five to six inches from heat until just cooked through, about a few minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients completely and store within an airtight jar or container.
Yield: a couple ofOr3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Printed by William and Morrow, 1993.