- two tablespoons (2 removes the pan) extra-virgin essential olive oil
- four to six cloves garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tin flat anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 /2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 oil-cured black olives, cracked from pit and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 (32-ounce) can chunky style crushed tomato plants
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomato plants, drained
- A couple of grinds pepper
- 1/4 cup (a few handfuls) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente (having a bite)
- Crusty bread, for mopping
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano, for passing, optional
- Bitter Vegetables Salad:
- 4 cups (a couple of bundles) arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1 bundle) watercress leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 mind Radicchio lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 large lemon
- Extra-virgin essential olive oil, to coat, two to three tablespoons
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Oil cured black olives, for garnish, optional
Serving suggestions: an easy salad of mixed bitter vegetables outfitted with oil and vinegar, salt, and pepper, recipe follows
Heat a sizable skillet over medium heat and add oil, garlic clove, anchovies, and crushed pepper. Saute mixture until anchovies melt into oil and completely dissolve and garlic clove is tender, about 3 minutes: your kitchen area never smelled so great! Add olives, capers, tomato plants, pepper, and parsley. Bring sauce to some bubble, reduce heat, and simmer eight to ten minutes.
Toss sauce with cooked pasta. Pass bread and cheese while dining and serve having a simple salad of mixed bitter vegetables outfitted with oil and vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Cook's Note: Get the olives in the bulk bins on the market, instead of purchasing a jar. The system cost is definitely significantly less per pound and you may get just the thing you need for every recipe.
Bitter Vegetables Salad:
Combine vegetables inside a salad bowl. Squeeze the juice of just one lemon within the bowl. Drizzle salad liberally with extra virgin essential olive oil. Toss salad and season salad with pepper and salt. Arrange salad on plates. Garnish plates with black olives, if using.