- 3 slices Italian bread, cubed
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- 2 bunches romaine, torn
- 2 cups grape tomato plants, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Mozzarella dairy product
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and broken into rings
- 8 pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- For croutons, spritz bread cubes with butter-flavored spray devote a bowl. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic clove powder toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to some 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 for 8-ten minutes or until golden brown, stirring a couple of times. Awesome.
- Meanwhile, inside a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomato plants, olives, Mozzarella dairy product, onion and pepperoncini. Drizzle with salad dressing toss to coat. Top with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: Search for pepperoncini (pickled peppers) within the pickle and olive portion of your supermarket.
Initially printed as Italian Salad see how to avoid & Tasty October 2005, p9
1-1/2 cup: 120 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fats), 3mg cholesterol, 943mg sodium, 18g carb (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: starch, 2 vegetable, fat.