- 12 oz. linguine or fettuccine
- 4 teaspoon. essential olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken white meat
- pepper and salt
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove garlic clove
- 1 can crushed tomato plants
- ½ c. reduced-fat (2%) milk
- ⅓ c. freshly grated Mozzarella dairy product
- ¼ c. loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and prepare as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium one minute. Add ground chicken to skillet sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Prepare chicken 8 to 9 minutes, or until it's no longer pink, stirring from time to time. Transfer chicken together with any juices in skillet to medium bowl.
- To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil with carrots, celery, onion, and garlic clove prepare ten to twelve minutes or until vegetables are gently browned and tender, stirring from time to time. Stir in tomato plants, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, ten minutes, stirring from time to time. Stir in cooked chicken and milk heat through.
- Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and go back to saucepot stir in sauce from skillet, Parmesan, parsley, and reserved cooking water, and toss to coat.
More recipes such as this