- 1/4 cup extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian poultry sausage
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tulsi leaves
- 4 garlic clove cloves, chopped
- two tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomato plants
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- four to six fresh Italian sandwich rolls, optional
Heat the oil inside a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add some sausages and prepare until brown on sides, about seven to ten minutes. Remove in the pan and drain.
Maintaining your pan over medium heat, add some peppers, onions, salt, and pepper and prepare until golden brown, about a few minutes. Add some oregano, tulsi, and garlic clove and prepare 2 more minutes.
Add some tomato paste and stir. Add some Marsala wine, tomato plants, and chili flakes, if using. Stir to mix, scraping the foot of the pan having a wooden spoon to produce all of the browned bits. Provide a simmer.
Cut the sausages into four to six pieces each, about 1-inch cubes. Add some sausage to the pan and stir to mix. Prepare before the sauce has thickened, about twenty minutes.
Serve in bowls. Or, if becoming a sandwich, split the rolls in two lengthwise. Hollow the bread in the bottom side of every roll, fostering to not puncture the crust. Fill the underside 1 / 2 of the roll with sausage mixture. Top and serve sandwiches immediately.
Recipe thanks to Giada De Laurentiis