- 1 pound whole-wheat penne
- 1 1/2 cups small-curd low-fat cottage type cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons essential olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium crushed tomato plants
- 1 (8-ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (3/4 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
Combine the cottage type cheese, ricotta cheese. 1/2 cup mozzarella and parsley inside a bowl and stir having a fork to include and hang aside. Prepare pasta until tender but nonetheless firm, one minute or 2 under the package directs. Drain.
Heat the oil within the same pot over medium heat. Add some onion and prepare stirring from time to time, until translucent, about a few minutes. Add some garlic clove and prepare for thirty seconds more. Add some tomato plants. tomato sauce, oregano. rosemary oil, chili flakes, pepper and salt. Provide a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Return pasta to pot with sauce and switch off heat. Add cottage type cheese mixture.
Spray a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray then transfer pasta mixture to pan. Top with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and also the parmesan. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, half an hour.
Calories 540 Total Fat 15 g (Sitting Fat 7 g, Mono Fat 3.5 g, Poly Fat .5 g) Protein 30 g Carb 73 g Fiber 9 g Cholesterol 35 mg Sodium 860 mg
Excellent supply of: Protein, Fiber, Vit A, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin K Supplement, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium
Good supply of: Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, B12, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Zinc