- two tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups dairy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 (15-ounce) container dairy ricotta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped green spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup plus two tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten to combine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus much more for salting water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- one to two tablespoons essential olive oil
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
To help make the sauce: Melt the butter inside a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add some flour and whisk for several minutes. Whisk within the milk. Boost the heat to medium-high. Whisk the sauce until you are looking at a simmer and it is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes. Whisk the salt, pepper, and nutmeg in to the bechamel sauce.
Preheat the oven to 450 levels F.
Whisk the ricotta, green spinach, 1 cup Parmesan. prosciutto. egg, salt, and pepper inside a medium bowl to combine.
Give a tablespoon or 2 of oil to some large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the noodles until just tender but nonetheless firm to bite. Drain. Arrange the noodles in one layer on the baking sheet to avoid them from sticking.
Butter a 13-by-9-by-2-inch glass baking dish. Pour the bechamel sauce over the foot of the prepared dish. Construct 4 lasagna noodles on the work surface, then spread a sizable spoonful (about 3 tablespoons worth) of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle. Beginning at 1 finish, roll each noodle just like a jelly roll. Lay the lasagna rolls seam side lower, without touching, atop the bechamel sauce within the dish. Repeat using the remaining noodles and ricotta mixture. Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce within the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining two tablespoons of Parmesan within the lasagna rolls. Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through and also the sauce bubbles, about twenty minutes. Uncover and bake before the cheese on the top becomes golden, about fifteen minutes longer. Let are a symbol of ten minutes. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the marinara sauce inside a heavy small saucepan over medium heat until hot, and serve alongside.
Recipe thanks to Giada De Laurentiis