- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella dairy product
- Prepare pasta based on package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350. Inside a large skillet, prepare beef over medium heat until no more pink drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Inside a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and also the Mozzarella dairy product. Drain pasta increase cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- Spoon another from the meat sauce right into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish top with 1 / 2 of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160. Uncover sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-ten minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand fifteen minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Initially printed as Baked Ziti in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p34