- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 30 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- two tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 12 leaves fresh tulsi, reduce chiffonade
- 1 large egg
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 2 jars good-quality marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Crusty French bread, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F.
Bring a sizable pot of salted water to some boil. Add some pasta shells and prepare for half the cooking around the package make certain to not overcook. Drain and rinse in awesome water. Put aside.
Inside a bowl, mix together the ricotta, Romano, parsley, tulsi, egg, some pepper and salt and 1 / 2 of the Parmesan. Stir until combined.
To put together, coat the foot of a baking dish with a few sauce. Fill each half-cooked covering using the cheese mixture and put face-lower around the sauce. Repeat using the shells before the cheese mixture is finished. Top the shells using the remaining sauce. Sprinkle around the mozzarella and additional Parmesan.
Bake until hot and bubbly, 25 minutes. Serve with crusty French bread .