MAKES: 26 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds hamburger
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium mind iceberg lettuce
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 2 pints grape tomato plants, halved
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped eco-friendly chilies
- 1-1/2 cups 1000 Island salad dressing
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup sugar
1-1/3 cup: 271 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fats), 24mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 26g carb (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
- Inside a Nederlander oven over medium heat, prepare beef with 1 envelope plus two tablespoons taco seasoning until no more pink drain.
- In an exceedingly large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chips, tomato plants, beans, olives, cheese, onion, chilies and beef mixture.
- In a tiny bowl, combine the salad dressing, salsa, sugar and remaining taco seasoning pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 26 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
Initially printed as Taco Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p49