- 368g puff pastry (shop bought is going to do)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 225g (8oz) sausagemeat
- 170g (6oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- two tablespoons tomato puree
- two tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- pepper and salt to taste
- milk to glaze
Increase grocery list
Turn this recipe right into a grocery list you are able to print, email, take on your mobile or buy online. It's free! Operated by Whisk.com
Prep: 15 min › Prepare: 35 min › Ready in: 50 min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a 25 x 36cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Unveil the puff pastry big enough to suit the baking tray, and put it around the prepared tray.
- Mix the onion, sausagemeat, cheese, tomato puree, breadcrumbs, the beaten egg and pepper and salt to season all inside a bowl together with your fingers.
- Lay the mix within the center from the pastry inside a lengthy sausage shape.
- Dampen the perimeters from the pastry using the milk and seal. Turnover the pastry so the join is underneath. Have diagonal cuts in the top pastry completely along after which brush with milk to glaze.
- Bake the cake within the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately with vegetables.