- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Inside a large skillet, prepare beef over medium heat until no more pink drain. Stir within the water, taco seasoning, garlic clove powder and cayenne. Provide a boil. Reduce heat simmer, uncovered, for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a tiny bowl, combine sour cream and chili powder. Inside a large bowl, combine cheeses put aside. Sprinkle cornmeal right into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange five tortillas, overlapping, towards the bottom of prepared dish spread with 1/2 cup salsa. Layer with 1 / 2 of the meat mixture, onion and sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake ten minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let are a symbol of ten minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Initially printed as Tortilla Lasagna in Simple & Scrumptious The month of january/Feb 2008, p33