- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken white meat, obtainable in the packaged meats situation
- two tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup medium heat taco sauce or 1 (14-oz) can stewed or fire roasted tomato plants
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 (8 inch) green spinach flour tortillas, on dairy aisle of market
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or shredded pepper jack
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 levels F.
Preheat a sizable skillet over medium high temperature. Add two tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil - two times round the pan. Add chicken and season with chili powder. cumin, and red onion. Brown the meat, a few minutes. Add taco sauce or stewed or fire roasted tomato plants. Add black beans and corn. Heat the mix through, two to three minutes then season with salt, for your taste.
Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining extra-virgin essential olive oil, about 1 tablespoon oil. Cut the tortillas in two or quarters to ensure they are simple to layer with. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again. Bake lasagna 12 to fifteen minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top using the scallions and serve.
Recipe thanks to Rachael Ray