- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomato plants
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can white-colored (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans or regular lima beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 eco-friendly bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno (from can or jar)
- two tablespoons chili powder
- two tablespoons dried Mexican oregano or regular oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- one to two teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Inside a slow oven, combine all ingredients however the couscous, shredded cheese, cilantro and pepper and salt. Cover and prepare on LOW for six to eight hrs or on HIGH for three or four hrs.
Five to ten minutes before serving (based on temperature of slow oven) add couscous, cover and prepare, until couscous is tender. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Right before serving, top each serving with shredded cheese and cilantro.