Coconut chutney created using fresh coconut, lentils, subtly spiced with eco-friendly chillies and tempered with fresh curry leaves giving a calming earthy flavor and is the best accompaniment for South Indian idlis, dosas, vada and uttapams (grain pancakes).
- → chopped gr chilli 2 Piece.
- → cumin 1 Tablespoons.
- → chopped coriander 1 Springs.
- → Curry leaves 1 Springs.
- → dhalia 15 Grams.
- → hing Asafotida 1 Pinch.
- → mustard 1 Teaspoons.
- → oil two tablespoons.
- → red chill 3 Piece.
- → chopped ginger root 1 Piece.
- → cashew nuts 20 Grams.
- → grated coconut 1 Figures.
- → urad wash -black gram 1 Tablespoons.
- → tamrind or lime 1 Pinch.
- → salt 1 Pinch.
- Mix all ingredients coconut, ginger root, gr chillies, dhalia, cashew, tamarind, salt and include a blender to fine paste.
- Make tempering or tadka in herbal. Add mustard, red chilli, cumin, urad dal, hing, curry leaves and top it on chutney and serve with dosa, idli or any south Indian breakfast.
Cooking (mins): 20
Preparation Time: mins
Printed: October 01, 2007
Your Comments on Coconut Chutney
You have to login to carry on, click the link