- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (five to six limes)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic clove (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on
Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic clove, salt, and pepper inside a large bowl. Add some chicken breasts. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat a grill with coals and brush the rack with oil to avoid the chicken from sticking. Take away the chicken breasts in the marinade, sprinkle well with pepper and salt, and grill them skin-side lower for around a few minutes, until nicely browned. Turn the chicken and prepare for an additional ten minutes, until just cooked through. Remove in the grill to some plate. Cover tightly and permit to relax for five minutes. Serve hot or at 70 degrees.
2002 Barefoot Contessa Family Style