- two tablespoons butter
- two tablespoons essential olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Two 15-ounce cans tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- Dash of sugar (or even more to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fettuccine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan or Romano, when needed
- Chopped fresh tulsi, for serving
Heat the butter and oil inside a large skillet over medium heat. Add some garlic clove and onions and saute for any minute approximately. Pour within the tomato sauce. add sugar, pepper and salt to taste and stir. Prepare over low heat for twenty five to half an hour, stirring from time to time.
Prepare the pasta based on the package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
Take away the sauce in the heat and stir within the cream. Add cheese to taste, then look into the seasoning. Stir within the pasta and thin after some pasta water as needed. Add some chopped tulsi and serve immediately.
Recipe thanks to Ree Drummond