- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons essential olive oil
- 2 garlic clove cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds thin asparagus, trimmed and reduce 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (about 9 ounces) cherry tomato plants
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- two tablespoons chopped fresh tulsi leaves
Bring a sizable pot of salted water to some boil over high temperature. Add some pasta and prepare until tender but nonetheless firm towards the bite, stirring from time to time, about eight to ten minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup from the pasta water.
Inside a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high temperature. Add some garlic clove and prepare until aromatic, about one minute. Add some asparagus, season using the pepper and salt, and prepare for several minutes until slightly soft. Add some cherry tomato plants and peas. Prepare for just two minutes. Pour the chicken stock in to the pan and produce the mix to some simmer. Prepare before the tomato plants begin to burst and also the stock is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the asparagus mixture to some large serving bowl. Add some cooked pasta and 1/2 from the Parmesan. Toss well, adding reserved pasta water, as needed, to release the pasta. Garnish using the remaining Parmesan and chopped tulsi.
Recipe thanks to Giada De Laurentiis, 2008