MAKES: 8 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup cut fresh eco-friendly beans
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- two tablespoons white-colored wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried tulsi
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium eco-friendly pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer time squash, sliced
- 8 cherry tomato plants, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- Shredded Mozzarella dairy product, optional
- Prepare spaghetti based on package directions, adding the eco-friendly beans over the past 4 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, inside a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Add some chicken, pepper, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, zucchini, squash, tomato plants and onion.
- Drain spaghetti and beans rinse in cold water. Increase the other ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with Mozzarella dairy product if preferred. Yield: 8 servings.
Initially printed as Italian Garden Salad in Taste of Home June/This summer 2009, p19