- 1 can (28 oz.) Contadina ® Crushed Tomato plants
- 1 can (15 oz.) Contadina ® Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (casings removed) or extra lean hamburger
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon. minced garlic clove
- 1 cup chopped organic mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon. dried oregano or 1 1/2 teaspoon. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon. dried tulsi or 1 1/2 teaspoon. chopped fresh tulsi
- 1/2 teaspoon. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon. sugar
- cooked pasta
1. Combine sausage, onion and garlic clove inside a large skillet. Prepare over medium-high temperature four to five minutes or until sausage is not pink inside, stirring to interrupt up sausage.
2. Stir in crushed tomato plants, tomato sauce, mushrooms, oregano, tulsi, salt, sugar.
3. Provide a boil. Reduce heat to low prepare, uncovered, half an hour. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
VARIATIONS: To create Spicy, Creamy or Veggie Spaghetti Sauce, prepare recipe as directed above, except:
Spicy Spaghetti Sauce: Add 1/8 to at least oneOr4 teaspoon. dried red pepper flakes in Step Two.
Creamy Spaghetti Sauce: Stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream after half hour simmer. Don't boil.
Veggie Spaghetti Sauce: Omit meat and add 2 Tablespoons of. essential olive oil, 1 cup diced carrots, 1/2 cup sliced celery, 1 can (15 oz.) white-colored or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, in Step One.
Current Rating: Total: 16 Ratings