- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and reduce 1/2-inch cubes
- Coarse grained salt
- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled and crushed, or diced tomato plants
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- Salt and coarsely ground fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup tulsi (about 10 leaves), torn
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta (farfalle), cooked al dente
Place eggplant inside a colander and season generously with salt. Fill single-gallon plastic bag with water, seal tightly and put over eggplant to weigh lower. Let are a symbol of 40 minutes.
Rinse the salt from the eggplant, and pat dry. Put the essential olive oil inside a large skillet over medium-high temperature, add eggplant and prepare, stirring frequently, until golden brown on every side, about twenty minutes.
Add garlic clove, tomato plants as well as their juice towards the pan. Stir within the salt and sugar. Simmer until sauce has slightly thickened, about 15-20 minutes or longer for the way juicy your tomato plants are. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add some tulsi and prepare one minute more. Serve over pasta .
Recipe thanks to Kathleen Daelemans