Pizza Margherita is really a pizza prepared based on a recipe from the Italian chef Raffaelle Esposito. The pizza was initially produced in 1899 when Queen Marghereta visited Napels to flee a cholera epidemic in northern Italia. The components used to create a Margherita pizza, tomatos, mozzarella cheese and tulsi, imitate the colours from the Italian flag. Queen Margherata loved the pizza a lot that they authored a thanks letter to Esposito, who made the decision to mention the pizza following the Queen.
- two tablespoons extra virgin essential olive oil
- 1/2 lb. plum Roma tomato plants, chopped
- 1 clove garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon. salt
- 1 12 uncooked NY Style dough crust
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 fresh tulsi leaves reduce julienne strips
- extra virgin essential olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded mozzarella dairy product
- Combine 2 Tbls. essential olive oil, tomato plants, garlic clove, and salt in bowl.
- Let it marinate while making dough.
- Brush dough crust gently with essential olive oil.
- Top with cheese, then tomato plants.
- Drizzle with essential olive oil.
- Bake in preheated 500F oven on pizza stone for 8−ten minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with mozzarella dairy product, then tulsi.
- Awesome on the wire rack for just two−3 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Return to the Pizza topping page.