- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup tepid to warm water (110 to 115)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- two tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 pound hamburger, browned and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni
- 1/3 cup grated Mozzarella dairy product
- Inside a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir in sugar, salt, oil and flour. Beat intensely 20 strokes. Cover and let rest about fifteen minutes.
- With buttered fingers, pat crust right into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover with pizza sauce. Top with next four ingredients. Sprinkle with Mozzarella dairy product. Bake at 425 for 15-twenty minutes or until crust and cheese are gently browned. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Initially printed as Old-World Pizza in Country Hamburger 1993, p59
1 piece: 597 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fats), 96mg cholesterol, 1392mg sodium, 34g carb (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.