- 3 3/4 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 16 medium white-colored button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- One 32-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus much more for serving
- 4 slices sourdough wheat grains bread, halved
- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup torn fresh tulsi leaves, for serving, optional
Add some pepperoni to some soup pot over medium-high temperature and prepare, stirring from time to time, before the pepperoni render their fat and obtain crispy, three or four minutes. Take away the pepperoni having a slotted spoon and drain in writing towels. Put aside.
Lower heat to medium add some mushrooms, garlic clove, onions. oregano and 1 teaspoon salt. Prepare, stirring, before the vegetables soften and also the mushrooms release their liquid, 6 minutes. Add some broth, marinara sauce and Parmesan cover the pot and produce to some boil. Lessen the heat to medium and prepare, about fifteen minutes.
Position a stove rack in the heart of the oven and preheat the broiler to medium-high. Place the bread on the baking sheet. Brush the bread using the oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Broil the bread until crisp and brown, one to two minutes. Switch the bread and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella. Broil before the mozzarella melts and it is brown and bubbly, a couple of minutes.
Ladle the soup into 8 serving bowls. Sprinkle each bowl using the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. then top each having a bread half, melted-cheese-side up, and a few of the pepperoni. Sprinkle with a few Parmesan and tulsi if preferred.
Active Time: twenty minutes
Total Time: forty-five minutes