Even though it appears just a little crazy to drag the crock-pot when it is sweltering hot outdoors, this recipe is a exception. This pulled pork recipe is nice, salty, savory and thus moist and succulent, due to the inclusion of one unique component -- Coca-Cola!
Coca-Cola pulled pork recipe
Serve this up at the next summer time barbecue or weekend dinner, just be careful, you will not have leftovers! The Coca-Cola gives this pork a sweetness that diet varieties will not, so stick to the initial!
- 1 whole onion
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 5 pounds of pork shoulder or loin
- Liberal dashes of pepper and salt
- 10 ounces regular barbecue sauce
- 2 cans Coca-Cola
- two tablespoons brown sugar
- Liberally rub pork roast with salt, pepper and brown sugar. Put the roast inside a 6-quart crock-pot. Include the onion and carrots. Pour Coca-Cola and barbecue sauce within the roast.
- Cover and prepare on low for around six to eight hrs. When the meat has arrived at the best temperature on the meat thermometer, take it off and put inside a large, flat mixing bowl. Using two forks, pull the pork apart into pieces. When the whole roast continues to be shredded, place during the sauce and allow it to simmer to have an hour. Serve over bread or on the taco and revel in!
More crock-pot recipes
Claire is definitely an ambitious nutritionist (and potential culinary student) having a serious dependence on bacon, wine, goat cheese an internet-based shopping. She's lately married to some social networking guru who loves *almost* everything she invokes. Additionally to writing for that Food portion of SheKnows, she's a complete-time recipe creator (and taste tester), a author for FabulousFoods.com along with a adding author for that Home and Gardening portion of SheKnows. You may also follow her daily musings and discover scrumptious cake recipes on her behalf food blog, The Realistic Nutritionist.