- 5-1/3 cups mixed salad vegetables
- 2 medium apples, reduce 3/4-inch pieces
- two tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- LEMON HONEY SALAD DRESSING:
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic clove
- Dash salt
- Dash white-colored pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Inside a large salad bowl, combine the salad vegetables, apple and feta cheese. Inside a jar having a tight-fitting lid, combine the salad dressing ingredients shake well. Drizzle over salad toss to mix. Yield: 4 servings.
Initially printed as Mixed Vegetables and Apple Salad see how to avoid & Tasty Feb/March 2005, p16
1-1/4 cup: 82 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fats), 4mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 15g carb (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, fruit, fat.