- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (about 25) grape tomato plants, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons dark wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons essential olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Number of fresh mint, torn
Inside a large saucepan over medium heat, add some stock, cover and produce to some boil. Adding the orzo and prepare, stirring frequently, until al dente, 7 to eight minutes. Drain the orzo inside a colander and permit to awesome completely.
Inside a large bowl, toss together the orzo, chickpeas, tomato plants, feta, olives, vinegar, oil, onion and pepper and salt to taste. Add in the mint. Serve at 70 degrees.
Adapted from "Trisha's Table: My Feel-Good Favorites for any Balanced Existence" by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2015. Provided thanks to Trisha Yearwood. All legal rights reserved.