- two tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green spinach
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dark wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced eco-friendly onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups fresh bananas, washed, hulled & halved
- Inside a 7-in. skillet over medium heat, stir sesame seeds until golden put aside. Wash green spinach completely dry in writing towels and tear into bite-size pieces. Wrap and chill. Blend oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. In large glass bowl, mix together green spinach, bananas, dressing and seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Initially printed as Strawberry/Green spinach Salad in Country Lady May/June 1988, p29
3/4 cup: 133 calories, 11g fat (0g saturated fats), 0mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 9g carb (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat.