MAKES: 6 servings
- 4 hard-cooked egg yolks
- 4 anchovy fillets or two tablespoons anchovy paste
- 4 garlic clove cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- two tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- two tablespoons dark wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup essential olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 2/3 cup shredded Mozzarella dairy product, divided
- 2 medium tomato plants, reduce wedges
- 2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- Inside a blender, combine the very first nine ingredients cover and process until blended. While processing, progressively add oil in a steady flow. Cover and refrigerate.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for five-7 minutes on every side or until meat reaches preferred doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 medium, 160 well-done, 170).
- Inside a large bowl, chuck the ball romaine, 1/3 cup Mozzarella dairy product and salad dressing. Divide among salad plates. Slice the steak arrange steak and tomato plants on salads. Top with croutons and remaining Mozzarella dairy product. Yield: 6 servings.
Initially printed as Grilled Steak Caesar Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p32