- 3 medium beets, preferably a mixture of red and golden beets
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin essential olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad vegetables, for example arugula, mesclun and radicchio
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
Steps to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the beets in foil and roast for around 1 1/4 hrs, or until tender. Let awesome, then peel the beets and cut them into 1/4-inch dice.
- Inside a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, honey, vinegar, mustard and oil season with pepper and salt. Add some beets and toss to coat. Arrange the salad vegetables on the large plate and top using the beets and red onion.
The roasted beets could be refrigerated for approximately a couple of days.