- Kosher salt
- 3 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced British cucumber (about 1/3 cucumber)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomato plants
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Nicoise olives
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers (about 1 whole)
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch diced hard salami (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (about 1/2 small)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, grated, or crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dark wine vinegar
Bring a sizable pot of salted water to some boil. Add some macaroni and prepare until al dente, based on the package directions. Drain inside a colander, rinse with cold water and shake until very dry. Transfer the pasta to some large mixing bowl, drizzle two tablespoons from the essential olive oil regarding this and toss well to coat.
Add some chicken, cucumber, tomato plants, olives, peppers, salami, onions and parsley. Season with salt and toss well to mix.
In a tiny bowl, whisk together the vinegar and remaining 1/2 cup essential olive oil pour it within the salad and toss well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if required. For the best flavor, allow the salad stand at 70 degrees for around half an hour before serving.
Recipe thanks to Geoffrey Zakarian