- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 mind napa cabbage, thinly shredded (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 mind red cabbage, shredded (a couple of cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (a couple of cups)
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced, vegetables incorporated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges in water, drained
- 1/3 cup grain wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- two tablespoons canola oil
- two tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic clove sauce or chili sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and brush onto chicken breasts. Arrange inside a baking dish and bake until juices run obvious, about 13 to15 minutes. Remove from oven, awesome completely, and reduce 1/4-inch slices.
Inside a large bowl, combine Napa cabbage. red cabbage. carrot, scallions, water chestnuts, Mandarin orange and sliced chicken. Inside a separate bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, garlic clove, ginger root, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, brown sugar and chili sauce. Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix. Divide among bowls and top each serving with 2 teaspoons toasted almonds.
2007 Ellie Krieger, All Legal rights Reserved