Mexican Tortilla Salad
On our SkinnyLicious® Menu
- 1 ea. Fried Corn Tortilla (6”)
- 1 ea. Chicken White Meat (4 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon. Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon. Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon. Cilantro Dressing*
- 1/2 oz. Tomatillo Salsa Verde*
- 1 oz. Black Beans, cooked
- 3 oz. Romaine Lettuce, sliced, 1/4"
- 2 oz. Eco-friendly Cabbage, sliced 1/8”
- 1 oz. Red Cabbage, sliced 1/8″
- 1 oz. Baby Lettuce Mix
- 2 oz. Fresh Corn, grilled
- 2 Tbls. Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 oz. Eco-friendly Onions, chopped
- 3 oz. French Mustard Vinaigrette*
- 1 Tbl. Avocado Cream Sauce** (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsps. Sour Cream
- 3 oz. Pico de Gallo*
- 1/4 oz. Crispy Tortilla Strips
- Season the chicken white meat (on sides) with equal levels of pepper and salt. Put the chicken onto a grill (or right into a sauté pan after some oil) and prepare for just two minutes on every side, or before the chicken is completed.
- Slice the chicken white meat into 1/4” pieces and toss plus a little cilantro dressing.
- Ladle just a little tomatillo salsa verde in to the serving bowl. Put the crispy tortilla in to the bowl and on the top from the salsa verde. Spoon the black beans to the tortilla. Put the chicken on the top from the tortilla, since the beans completely.
- Put the romaine hearts, sliced eco-friendly and red cabbages, baby lettuce mix, grilled corn, cilantro leaves and chopped eco-friendly onions in to the mixing bowl. Ladle in france they mustard vinaigrette in to the mixing bowl and toss all the ingredients together, until evenly coated using the dressing.
- Put the salad mixture on the top from the tortilla, mounding it as being tall as you possibly can.
- Drizzle the avocado cream sauce (optional) and sour cream within the salad.
- Sprinkle the pico de gallo round the base from the salad.
- Mound the tortilla strips on the top (centered) from the salad.
*These products can be found in most supermarkets and fine food stores.
**Popular recipes can easily be bought online as well as in various cookbooks.