- 1/2 mind romaine lettuce, reduce bite-size pieces
- 1 large mind Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 12 cherry tomato plants, halved
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, coarsely crumbled
- Dark Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound steak (for example New You are able to, rib-eye or filet mignon), pan-fried or grilled and chilled
- Dark Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup dark wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup essential olive oil
Inside a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce. Belgian endive, red onion, baby arugula and cherry tomato plants, and 1 / 2 of the cheese. Chuck the ball salad with sufficient vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with pepper and salt, to taste. Arrange the salad on the platter.
Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices. Arrange the steak slices atop the salad and sprinkle using the remaining cheese. Drizzle more vinaigrette within the steak slices and serve.
Dark Wine Vinaigrette :
Mix the vinegar, fresh lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper inside a blender. Using the machine running, progressively merge the oil.
Yield: 1 2/3 cups
Prep Time: a few minutes