- 1/2 cup dry white-colored wine
- 1 slice yellow onion
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 halves)
- 1 (ten to twelve-ounce) medium eggplant, ends trimmed and reduce 3/4-inch models
- two tablespoons essential olive oil
- 12 ounces plum tomato plants, ends trimmed and reduce 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted brine-cured olives, for example kalamata
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, gently toasted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin essential olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large Bibb or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade fresh tulsi, for garnish
Inside a medium skillet, combine your wine, onion, lemon, bay leaf, peppercorns. salt, and enough water to pay for the chicken by 1/2-inch and produce to some boil for just two minutes. Add some chicken, cover, lessen the heat, and simmer before the chicken is not pink and merely cooked through, about ten to fifteen minutes, based upon how big the chicken. Remove in the heat, uncover, and allow the chicken awesome within the liquid for half an hour. Transfer the chicken to some plate, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled, a couple of hrs, or refrigerate overnight. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and hang aside.
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Put the eggplant slices on the large plate and gently brush on sides with essential olive oil, after which season with pepper and salt. Grill until just golden and slightly soft, a couple of minutes on every side. (Alternatively, the eggplant could be broiled, one to two minutes per side, carefully watching in order that it doesn't burn.) Put the eggplant on the cutting board to awesome, after which dice.
Inside a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, eggplant, tomato plants, cheese, olives, and pine nuts.
In a tiny bowl, whisk together the additional-virgin essential olive oil. vinegar, oregano, mint, salt, red pepper. and pepper. Pour the dressing within the chicken mixture and toss to gently coat.
Arrange lettuce leaves in the heart of 4 large plates and divide the salad one of the leaves. Serve immediately.