- Chipotle-Mayonnaise Spread:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped or 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- two tablespoons essential olive oil
- 1 (2-inch thick) slice bologna, reduce 1/2-inch chunks (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- two tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup white-colored wine
- 4 slices white-colored Pullman bread, toasted
For that chipotle-mayonnaise spread: Combine the mayonnaise and chipotle pepper inside a bowl, and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until available.
For that bologna: Inside a large pan on medium-high temperature add some oil. Add some bologna chunks towards the herbal. Saute while tossing to brown every side, 8 minutes. Add some onions and season gently with salt along with a couple of grinds of pepper. Still toss while cooking before the onions are tender, about a few minutes more. Stir within the mustard, and honey to coat, after which add some wine. Simmer while tossing before the wine bubbles and foams and it is reduced to simply a little bit of sauce within the pan.
To put together the sandwiches, slather chipotle mayonnaise on every slice of bread toasted and top equally using the bologna. To function as a smaller sized bite, cut the bread toasted into 1/4ths and then top as directed.
Recipe thanks to Sunny Anderson, 2010