- two tablespoons essential olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- two tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 large loaf French bread, halved lengthwise and gently toasted
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved having a vegetable peeler
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/two tablespoons paprika
- two tablespoons salt
- two tablespoons garlic clove powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F.
In a tiny bowl, mix together the essential olive oil, Essence, 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and spread evenly within the tenderloin. Heat a sizable ovenproof skillet over medium-high temperature. Add some tenderloin and sear on every side. Transfer towards the oven and roast for twenty five minutes for medium-rare. Remove in the oven and let rest for ten minutes. Cut the tenderloin into thin slices.
Inside a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, fresh lemon juice. remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate until available.
Inside a medium-size mixing bowl, chuck the ball arugula using the essential olive oil.
Generously spread each side from the French bread using the horseradish mayonnaise. Top one slice using the sliced roast beef, tomato slices, arugula, and cheese shavings. Top using the remaining slice of bread and press lower to shut. Slice crosswise into individual sandwiches, and serve.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients completely and store within an airtight jar or container.
Yield: a couple ofOr3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Printed by William and Morrow, 1993.