- 2 British muffins, split, or 4 slices sourdough, rye, or wheat grains bread
- two tablespoons prepared mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 recipe tuna salad, recipe follows
- 1 cup shredded sharp farmhouse cheddar cheese
- Tuna Salad
- Two 6 ounce cans white-colored meat tuna packed in water, drained
- two tablespoons minced celery
- two tablespoons minced red onion, drenched in cold water for five minutes and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Freshly ground pepper,
- Freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice, to taste (optional)
- 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All legal rights reserved.
Preheat the broiler and hang the rack about four to five inches in the flame.
Spread the bread on a baking sheet and toast. Spread the toasted muffins or bread using the mayonnaise, if using. Top using the tuna salad and so the shredded cheese. Put the baking sheet underneath the broiler as well as heat for three to five minutes, before the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
In a tiny mixing bowl split up the tuna having a fork. Toss using the celery. onion, and parsley. Add some mayonnaise. mustard. and season with pepper to taste. Stir to mix. Add fresh lemon juice. if using.
From Food Network Kitchens