- 2 pouches (5 ounces each) albacore white-colored tuna in water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- two tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic clove cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices wheat grains bread, toasted if preferred
- 4 slices Muenster or provolone cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a tiny bowl, mix the very first seven ingredients. Spread tuna mixture over four slices of bread top with cheese, avocado and remaining bread. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Initially printed as Cilantro-Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwiches in Simple & Scrumptious April/May 2015
1 sandwich: 506 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fats), 56mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 28g carb (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.