- two tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white-colored and lightweight eco-friendly parts (2 leeks)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 5 cups freshly shelled peas or 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen peas
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped chives
- Garlic clove croutons, for serving
Heat the butter inside a large saucepan. add some leeks and onion, and prepare over medium-low heat for five to ten minutes, before the onion is tender. Add some chicken stock. boost the heat to high, and produce to some boil. Add some peas and prepare for three to five minutes, before the peas are tender. (Frozen peas will require only 3 minutes.) From the heat, add some mint. salt, and pepper.
*Puree the soup in batches: place 1 cup of soup inside a blender. put the lid on the top, and puree on low speed. Using the blender still running, open the venthole within the lid and gradually increase the soup before the blender is three-quarters full. Pour the soup right into a large bowl and repeat until all of the soup is pureed. Whisk within the creme fraiche and chives and taste for seasoning. Serve hot with garlic clove croutons.
2006, Barefoot Contessa in your own home, All Legal rights Reserved