1. Combine the chicken, onion, garlic clove, whole carrot, whole celery stalk, bay leaves, and parsley, if you are utilizing it, inside a stockpot. Add 8 cups water. Provide a boil, then lower heat so the liquid bubbles lightly but continuously.
2. Cover and prepare, stirring lightly every fifteen minutes approximately, before the chicken is fully cooked (30-40 minutes for parts, 50-an hour for an entire one). If required, add water to help keep the chicken submerged. To check on for doneness, make use of a slotted spoon or tongs to softly lift out some chicken and pierce it having a thin-bladed knife. You need to meet no resistance, and also the meat ought to be white-colored completely towards the bone and could begin to disappear in places.
3. Carefully transfer the chicken in the pot to some shallow bowl with tongs. When it is awesome enough to deal with, accomplish and discard your skin pull the meat from the bones and work into bite-size pieces. Reserve 2 cups for that soup and refrigerate the remainder for an additional use. For those who have time, return the bones towards the pot and allow the stock simmer for an additional 15-half an hour.
4. Place a strainer or colander on the large pot and thoroughly pour within the stock press lower around the vegetables to extract just as much liquid as you possibly can, then discard them. Skim body fat from the top. You ought to have about 7 cups otherwise, then add water. Sprinkle the stock after some pepper and salt. (If you want to make chicken stock, stop here.)
5. Place the pot over medium-high temperature. Take it simply to a boil, then lower heat therefore the liquid bubbles continuously. Add some chopped carrots and celery, and prepare, stirring from time to time, before the vegetables are as crisp or tender as you desire (between 10-half an hour).
6. Stir within the pasta and also the reserved 2 cups chicken adjust heat therefore the mixture bubbles continuously and cooking before the pasta is tender although not mushy (another 5-ten minutes). Taste and adjust the seasoning, garnish using the reserved celery leaves, and serve.